The Sunset Park 197-a Plan is built upon a vision of the Sunset Park waterfront as a sustainable mixed-use neighborhood that promotes regional and local economic development, fosters a healthy living and working environment, and reconnects upland residential communities to the water’s edge.
- To promote industrial redevelopment and job creation in Sunset Park while retaining existing industrial jobs.
- To maximize waterfront access and open space opportunities in combination with industrial and waterfront redevelopment.
- To preserve existing industrial, commercial and residential uses and fabric in the area east of First Avenue.
- To encourage development that places a minimal environmental burden on adjacent residential communities.
The Recommendations section includes:
- Economic Development
- Enviroment and Public Health
- Open Space and Waterfront Access
- Community Facilities and Services/Quality of Life
- Historic Preservation
- Distric Service Cabinet Recommendations
To download a PDF of the Brooklyn CB7 197-a full plan, click here (full-53MB)